OK, I’m back in the airport waiting to head home. I figured I’d think about my experience compared to other IT conferences I’ve been to. First it wasn’t a bad conference, but just different than what I am used to. Here’s what I came up with:
- The mobile app was good
- Check in was smooth. Something different, on check in you got a badge. That’s it. Nothing else. No bag, or all the junk that’s usually in them. No tshirt, no pen, no event documentation. That was a first for me. That should have tipped me off to the type of conference it is.
- The sessions were good, wished they had more around Sonicwall. They had a lot of interesting Hands On Labs if you like that, they usually bore me.
- The expo floor was different than any of the others. No gimmicky booths or pretty girls trying to scan your badge and it was smaller. I didn’t even come out with a tshirt, not that that’s a bad thing.
- More on the expo floor,it was great because it was all focused around Dell products and a lot of them. You could learn everything there was to know about Dell and Dell Technologies.
- Social events were plenty and the ones I attended from both Dell and vendors were great.
- Next year they move to Vegas!!